Because loving yourself feels good!
I used to write off the word self-love thinking it was a bunch of baloney! I was so far away from loving myself that it didn’t matter to cultivate love for myself. I thought it was someone else’s job. I had to find someone who would love me then, I could love myself.
Well it never happened that way. I did find someone who loved me, but I still wasn’t able to love myself. I loved myself only through things. Someone complimented me, I got an A on my exam, I was there for my friend, I worked out and kept my calories low, I got a like or retweet. These were the means through which I loved myself. Loving myself was always dependent upon something outside of me.
When we love ourselves because of something it is not REAL, RADICAL or AUTHENTIC self-love.
Real, Authentic, Radical, Deep, Self-Love will always come from within, completely independent of anything. Love is a FEELING not a thought. We cannot think our way to loving ourselves, we have to feel our way into loving ourselves.
I say radical self-love because to the ego Love is radical! The ego will much rather keep love disguised as fear – something far fetched, impossible to have and feel.
A loving thought will always feel good.
If you aren’t feeling good a lot of the time, then you are too busy denying your own love. You constantly feel depressed, low energy, unworthy, unlovable, undeserving, incapable. These feelings are a result of unloving thoughts. An unloving thought will never feel good. Self-love will set you free from every unloving thought.
I was there. I always felt like shit, miserable and completely useless because I was always hating on myself. When I started loving myself, my mood began to change, I actually started feeling good, and my life changed.
In this video below I share 5 ways to cultivate more self-love today:
When I love myself, I allow myself to heal. One of my all time favorite affirmation is:
In loving myself, I heal myself.
When I heal, I remember my wholeness.
5 Ways to cultivate more self-love:
- Take yourself on a date – schedule a time each week to spend with yourself doing something fun, exciting, interactive and nourishing. I always plan my dates around something I enjoy doing, which raises my vibration. Some of my favorite things to do with myself is go to the museum, sit at a coffee shop with a hot tea and my journal, watercolor painting to my favorite playlist, gardening, hiking in nature, sitting by the water and studying A Course in Miracles.
- Mirror Work + Telling yourself I Love You – this is sooooo powerful! When we look deep into our eyes and affirm I love you, some part of us heals. Where there is love, there is healing. Imagine the 3 year old you – who is just longing for love – by telling her you deeply love her, you give her the love she is longing for. By doing this simple exercise daily, you’ll begin to cultivate more loving thoughts to describe yourself, which will result in you only feeling good!
- I Am Affirmations – I Am is the most powerful way we describe and relate to ourselves. What we say about ourselves becomes our self-fulfilling prophecy. When we consciously choose the words we put after I AM, we are summing the power of the Universe to affirm our real identity as Spirit – the Infinite Self. I created a guided meditation track, I AM Meditation, which I use to cultivate more love for myself and shift my subconscious mind to focus on self empowering and loving thoughts.
- Compliment Yourself Daily – This is a practice I started early on my self-love journey because I couldn’t hear a nice thing about myself! I denied every compliment someone gave me. When we can’t receive loving kindness from another, we also block ourselves from receiving abundance, love, money and what we want. It’s our inability to receive – we believe we are unworthy or undeserving – that blocks us from all the blessings the Universe has for us. By complimenting yourself daily, you are teaching yourself to accept and receive: things, compliments, money, love, creativity that is knocking at your door.
- Forgiveness Letter – We forgive to not forget, we forgive to move forward. When I started forgiving myself, I began to actually feel love and compassion for myself. When I forgive, I create the space to be present and available for myself. This allows me to nurture my relationship with myself. Forgiveness is a letting go as you affirm I don’t want to carry this burden anymore – the energy that is keeping us in an unloving place. I practice forgiveness daily as a way to cleanse my aura and mind. Try ending your day with this question: What I can forgive myself for today? As you do that you are creating and cultivating love for yourself because only Love can forgive.
Loving myself allows the Universe to love me and bless my life.
Has has loving yourself impacted your life + is there any technique you use to cultivate self-love?
Want support on your journey to create a healthier, loving and whole relationship with yourself? You can work with me privately through 1:1 coaching. Click here to read more about my coaching programs and book your free Discovery Session.