On my journey I’ve learned that there are two ways to live.
First, believing that everything happens to you.
Second, knowing that everything happens for you.
There is a profound difference. When we believe everything happens to you – we are the victim of our life. We view life as a struggle, someone or something else is the cause of my misery and suffering, we feel helpless and powerless.
When we know that everything happens for you – we are the infinite creator of our life. We view life as a school, a game – where we have come to learn, grow and discover our true unlimited nature as Spiritual Beings. We are the cause of what happens to us, not at its effect.
Which state of consciousness are you living in?
Do you feel like the victim or creator of life? In the video I explain what living in victim consciousness means:
Steps you can take today:
1. Remove the word victim from your life. Why? Because it does not empower you! It keeps you stuck and helpless. Download this meditation to get you started on living out a reality that supports your well-being.
2. Write down what you’ve been through, all the energy you’re still carrying around because you’ve been hurt. Get it all down on paper. Burn this paper as you affirm: I am ready to let go of being a victim of life, I choose to step into being the creator of my life.
3. Practice daily forgiveness both to yourself and another.
4. Stop telling the same story – by repeating it, you’re only making it stronger. We can’t allow in a new reality if we keep reliving the old one. Tell yourself a new story, get creative, explore what you’re new story could be.
5. Create a daily love habit. This could be a 5+ minute meditation, writing down things you’re grateful for, helping someone, doing mirror work.
Playing the victim of your life will never feel good. Playing a victim of your life will keep you in victim consciousness. We cannot create something anew with the same energy – we must decide to transcend this energy from problem-orientated to solution-propelled.
A victim is always focused on the problem, a creator is focused on the opportunity present in the challenge. To begin shifting your awareness ask yourself: what is the opportunity here, instead of what is the problem here?
Let yourself off the hook and lighten up!
p.s. I am hosting a Live Q&A on Tuesday, March 15th at 6pm MST where you can ask my anything! Rsvp here.
Be patient. Be gentle. Be kind.